Music is an important part of worship at CLC. We have many opportunities for musicians and singers to participate:
- Chancel Choir – Rehearsal Tuesdays, 7:30 – 9:00pm. This mixed-voice, adult choir (high school age and older) supports the congregation’s singing and performs a variety of accompanied music at our 9:15am Sunday worship service.
- Jubilation Choir – Rehearsal Sundays, 10:45-11:15 am (Kindergarten through 5th grade). At Jubilation, we focus on fostering a love of music and viewing music as a form of worship. Rehearsals often include instruments, choreography, and other creative techniques to help students connect with the music and the meaning behind it.
- Teen Choir – Rehearsal Sundays, 12:30-1:15 pm (6th – 12th grade). The Teen Choir focuses on musical performance, technique and, of course, how a love for music can be a way to worship and praise God!
- Contemporary Worship Band – Rehearsals are every other Saturday morning from 9:30 -11am. The Contemporary Worship Band sings weekly at the 11:15am Sunday worship service.
- Handbell Choir – Rehearsals will be held approximately once a month from 6:30 – 7:30pm on the Tuesday prior to a Sunday presentation. The group will perform monthly during the 9:15am service and for festival services. Contact the church office for more information.
- Festival Choir – The Festival Choir rehearses on a short-term basis to prepare musical pieces for special occasion services. Watch the Sunday bulletin for information on rehearsals and performances.
- Musicians – Musicians are encouraged and appreciated to enhance the worship experience. Guest musicians are used each Sunday over the summer when the choirs do not sing. Various musical opportunities exist at all services and special events during the year.
- The Family Choir is a group that demands no weekly rehearsals, provides no robes and sets no age limits. It is designed to offer everyone – young and young at heart – the opportunity to sing together. No experience is required!